Monday 7 January 2013

Incidence of Ta'if


The Day of Ta’if and the Patience of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)



In the tenth year of the mission, the uncle of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), Abu-Talib and his wife Khadeejah both died. With their death the abuse of the Quraish increased manifold. Of those few people who were allowed to hear the Qur’an many became Muslims. However, due to continuous torture given by the Quraish, Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) decided to preach the word of God to the people of Al-Ta’if. So he traveled to Al-Ta’if to convey the message of God to people. When the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) reached there, the elders incited the youth against him. The fanatic youth started throwing stones upon the Prophet of Islam, so much so that the Prophet was severely wounded; he was bleeding from top to tow. His shoes were filled with blood, and it became hard for him even to walk. That moment the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) prayed to God the Almighty saying,
“O, my Lord, unto you I bewail my weakness, inability, and disregard of mankind towards me. O Most Merciful of the merciful, you are the Lord of the weak and my Lord. Unto whom shall you deliver me? Unto one who is distant and shall glower at me, or unto an enemy whom You have given authority over me? If You are not angry against me then I do not care what befalls me, as Your gifts of well-being are more commodious for me. I seek refuge in the light of Your face that has overcome all darkness, and through which all matters of this life and the hereafter have been established in justice, that Your retribution should fall upon me, or your
disdain should befall me. Unto You is all appeasement until You are appeased, and no one has power or ability except in You.”
At that time the Angel Gabriel appeared and addressed him saying: “Allah has heard what your people said to you, and how they have replied to you. Allah has sent the angel of the Mountains to you so that you may order him to do whatever you wish to these people.”
The Angel of the Mountains then appeared and said, “O Muhammad! Order what you wish. If you like, I shall cause mountains surrounding Al-Ta’if, to fall upon them, and crush them into pieces.”
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) replied, “No, for I hope that there shall be among their children those who will worship Allah alone, and will worship none besides Him.” And he prayed, “O my Lord guide these people because they know not.”
He then returned to Mecca.

No comments:

Post a Comment